Birmingham Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Alabama Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
Without the protection of a car's 3,000-pound steel frame, motorcycle riders are incredibly exposed on the road. Helmets and protective gear can lessen the impact, but the risk for serious and life-threatening injuries in Alabama motorcycle accidents is higher than in any other crash.
Motorcycle accidents can often result in debilitating injuries, such as:
- spinal cord injuries
- brain injuries
- broken bones
- severe bruising
These injuries can alter your lifestyle, often requiring extensive and expensive surgeries as well as lifelong care. If you've been hurt in a Birmingham motorcycle accident, contact us for a free initial consultation with the Alabama motorcycle accident lawyers at Cory Watson Crowder & DeGaris.
We will fight to get the money you need to cover medical bills, prescriptions, lost wages, and compensate for pain and suffering.
Battling the Stereotype
Motorcycle drivers are saddled with an unfair reputation for driving recklessly and weaving in and out of traffic. This kind of reputation can make defending the rights of Alabama motorcycle accident victims difficult.
Fortunately, there is a dedicated firm willing to take on the insurance companies and the reputation to ensure that those injured in Birmingham motorcycle accidents get the compensation they deserve. Cory Watson is an Alabama motorcycle accident law firm with the experience needed to get justice for victims.
What You Can Do Now
You can't change what happened in the accident, but there are several steps you can take to strengthen your Alabama motorcycle accident claim:
- Keep records of the accident in a file, including any photos, witness accounts, and information you may have collected at the scene of the accident.
- Visit your doctor immediately. Don't let the insurance adjuster choose a doctor for you—you have the right to choose your physician.
- Contact the insurance company. A delay in reporting a motorcycle accident can hurt your claim.
- Don't talk to the insurance adjuster. Don't sign documents or give a statement—sometimes insurance companies will send an adjuster to the scene of an accident to gather information while you are vulnerable and shaken up.
- Keep a journal detailing how you feel after the accident. It can be difficult to remember how painful simple actions were, like brushing your teeth or walking the dog, six or seven months after the collision.
- Keep receipts and records of expenses. Documents, such as medical records or receipts for household services, can strengthen your claim.
- Call an experienced lawyer. The motorcycle accident attorneys at Cory Watson are on your side.
When you've been injured, it's easy to get the help you need—the Birmingham personal injury lawyers at Cory Watson Crowder & DeGaris are ready to fight for you. Pick up the phone and call us at (800) 852-6299 or fill out our free initial consultation form.
As a leading national injury law firm, we serve clients throughout the country as well as locally, including Birmingham and Blount, Jefferson, Shelby, Tuscaloosa, and Walker counties. It takes just minutes to fill out the brief form and the initial conversation is free.