Birmingham Truck Accident Lawyer
Alabama Truck Accident Attorneys
The morning commute to and from work is stressful enough without the added danger fatigued truck drivers speeding in overloaded tractor-trailers. The sheer size of semi trucks also makes it difficult for drivers to slow down quickly to avoid accidents.
When you've been injured in an Alabama truck accident, you need a lawyer who is aggressive, experienced, and willing to go the distance for you. Call the auto accident lawyers at Cory Watson Crowder & DeGaris at (800) 852-6299 or fill out our free initial consultation form.
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration regulates truck size, weight, and driver behavior in order to protect drivers on the road.
These regulations include:
- Large trucks, fully loaded, should weigh less than 80,000 pounds.
- Drivers should only be on the road 11 hours of every 14-hour on-duty shift.
- Drivers should only be on-duty 60 hours over seven days, or 70 hours over eight days.
- Drivers must have 34 hours off-duty between each seven- or eight-day shift.
Strengthen Your Claim
You can't change what happened in the accident, but you can take steps to strengthen your Alabama truck accident claim:
- File records of the truck accident, including any photos, witness accounts, and information you may have collected at the scene of the crash.
- See your doctor immediately. Don't let the insurance adjuster choose a physician for you—you have the right to choose your own.
- Call your insurance company. A delay in reporting a truck accident can hurt your claim.
- Don't sign anything. Insurance companies will sometimes send an adjuster to the scene of an accident to gather information while you are vulnerable.
- Write it down. Keep notes about how you feel after the accident. It can be difficult to remember how painful simple actions were, like cooking dinner or pulling a shirt over your head, six or seven months after the collision.
- Keep receipts and records of expenses. Documents, such as medical records or receipts for household services, can strengthen your claim.
- Call an experienced lawyer. The truck accident attorneys at Cory Watson will fight for you.
Trucking companies often have teams of lawyers and adjusters whose primary job is to protect the company in the event of an accident. Alabama truck accidents are complicated, often involving a lot of red tape.
If you have been injured in an Alabama truck accident, call the Birmingham truck accident attorneys at Cory Watson. We have experience in and out of the courtroom defending the rights of victims against large trucking companies and insurance adjusters who are out to protect their bottom line.
When you’ve been injured in a truck accident, it’s easy to get the help you need—the Birmingham personal injury lawyers at Cory Watson Crowder & DeGaris are ready to fight for you. Pick up the phone and call us at (800) 852-6299 or fill out our free initial consultation form.
As a leading national injury law firm, we serve clients throughout the country as well as locally, including Birmingham and Blount, Jefferson, Shelby, Tuscaloosa, and Walker counties. It takes just minutes to fill out the brief form and the initial conversation is free.