Jon C. Conlin
Co-Chair, Drug & Medical Device Litigation Practice
T: (205) 271-7147
F: (205) 324-7896
T: (205) 271-7140
T: (205) 271-7151
For Jon Conlin, practicing personal injury law is more than filing lawsuits and going to court, it’s an act of chivalry. Emboldened by the idea that plaintiff’s attorneys can take on the biggest, most prepared defendants on behalf of injury victims, he pursued a career in law that’s spanned more than 15 years. In fact, he started working at Cory Watson Attorneys as a law clerk while studying at The University of Alabama School of Law, and he’s been at the firm since.
A Birmingham native with deep Alabama roots, Jon attended Indian Springs High School before earning his bachelor’s degree from Samford University. And while some believe you can either go big or go home, Jon chose to pursue multimillion dollar verdicts and settlements from the place he’s always called home.
A nationally-recognized litigator, Jon will tell you that his true pride comes from the positive effects his work is able to create for the clients he represents. When asked what he likes best about helping people through the law, he says, “Maybe it’s the Don Quixote in me, but sometimes the world needs more people who are willing to tilt at windmills.”
- Alabama State Bar
- The Supreme Court of Alabama
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Alabama
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Alabama
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Alabama
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court District of Nebraska
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- MDL 2433: In re: E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company C-8 Personal Injury Litigation: Court Appointed Co-Lead Counsel and Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee
- MDL 1842: In re: Kugel Mesh Hernia Patch Products Liability Litigation: Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee, Discovery Committee Chair, Expert Committee Member, and Law Committee Member
- MDL 2327: In re: Ethicon, Inc., Pelvic Repair System Products Liability Litigation: Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee appointed Discovery Committee Member.
- MDL 1387: In re: ProteGen Sling and Vesica System Products Liability Litigation: Plaintiffs’ Steering Committee appointed Discovery Committee Member and Expert Committee Member
Honors, Awards & Accomplishments
- AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated Martindale-Hubbell
- The National Trial Lawyers, Top 100 Lawyers
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Member
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Member
- Super Lawyers, 2012, 2013, 2015
- Super Lawyers, Rising Stars, 2011
- Best Lawyers in America, Best Law Firms
- Alabama State Bar Association
- Birmingham Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- Alabama Association for Justice, Emerging Leaders Section
- The University of Alabama School of Law, J.D.
- Samford University, B.A.