Richard A. Wright
T: (205) 271-7189
F: (205) 324-7896
T: (205) 271-7166
When asked how he got into the legal field, Richard Wright says it’s all in the family. Growing up with a civic-minded older brother taught him that the law was a way to create meaningful change for individuals and in the community. As a lawyer, he can help clients level the playing field against forces much bigger than themselves.
Now, just over a decade after he earned a Juris Doctor from Samford University Cumberland School of Law, Richard has made a career out of helping injury victims facing some of the worst circumstances of their lives seek positive results.
Raised in Columbus, Georgia, Richard moved to Birmingham to earn his bachelor’s degree at the University of Alabama Birmingham and never looked back. A father of four children, he’s laid down roots in the community as a member of Dawson Memorial Baptist Church. Richard also shares his skills with neighbors in need through the Alabama State Bar Volunteer Lawyers Program.
In his spare time, Richard spends time with his family and enjoys reading fiction, running, and watching the Atlanta Braves and Falcons, Auburn Tigers and his alma mater, UAB.
- Alabama State Bar
- Supreme Court of Alabama
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Alabama
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Alabama
- MDL 1842: In Re: Kugel Mesh Hernia Patch Products Liability Litigation
- MDL 2197: In Re: DePuy Orthopaedics, Inc., ASR Hip Implant Products Liability Litigation
- MDL 2244: In Re: DePuy Orthopaedics, Inc., Pinnacle Hip Implant Products Liability Litigation
- MDL 2329: In re: Wright Medical Technology, Inc., Conserve Hip Implant Products Liability Litigation
- MDL 2391: In re: Biomet M2A Magnum Hip Implant Products Liability Litigation
- MDL 2441: In Re: Stryker Rejuvenate ABGII Hip Implant Products Liability Litigation
- MDL 2443: In Re: E.I. DuPont de Nemours and Company C-8 Personal Injury Litigation
Honors, Awards & Accomplishments
- Birmingham Bar Association Future Leaders Forum
- Henry Upson Sims Moot Court, Executive Board
- Alabama State Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- Birmingham Bar Association
- Alabama State Bar, Volunteer Lawyer Program
- American Bar Association
- Cumberland School of Law, J.D.
- The University of Alabama at Birmingham, B.S.