August 29th, 2016|
One of our responsibilities as a personal injury firm is to eliminate any obstacle that stands between you and getting the help you need. Here are a few ways we do that:
- We offer a contingency fee arrangement, which means you don’t pay us anything unless we get money for you.
- If you can’t come to us for an initial consultation, we’ll come to you.
- We handle all the paperwork involved in your claim, so all you have to worry about is getting better.
However, there is one obstacle that we can’t eliminate for you: your reluctance to bring a lawsuit against the at-fault driver. The person that hit you may be a great person who is sincerely sorry for causing the accident and your injuries. You don’t want to put them through a lawsuit just because they made a mistake. We understand. Most people don’t want to sue someone else for damages, and we don’t recommend it as a first course of action. However, it’s something that you may need to do if the insurance company doesn’t play fair.
Here are a couple things that might make that decision easier for you:
- Even though the individual’s name is on the lawsuit, in reality, you are making a claim against their insurance company. The individual is more than likely covered for the extent of your damages, which makes it unlikely that they’ll have to pay anything out of pocket (depending on the severity of your injuries).
- The at-fault driver’s hands are tied when it comes to doing the right thing for you and your family. Their insurance company is going to call all the shots.
Making the decision to seek legal help after an accident can be tough. If you’re unsure, give us a call at (866) 562-0000 and let us walk you through the process. There’s no cost or obligation. We’d be happy to answer any questions you might have free of charge.