A car accident can happen in the blink of an eye. What occurs during that split second is scary, violent, and unexpected. But as dangerous and painful as that car accident moment can be, the harder struggle often unfolds in the days, weeks, and months that follow. Car wreck victims should take care to avoid further difficulties in the moments after a crash.
Some steps to take following a traffic collision include:
- Check for any injuries
- Call 911 and report injuries
- Report your accident to the police department
- Take pictures and videos of the accident scene
- Write down any information leading up to the accident
- Move to a safe location
- Exchange driver information
- Exchange witness information
- Do not admit fault or blame the accident on anyone
- Do not speak with anyone other than police regarding the accident
- Provide an accurate police report and obtain copy of the report
- Seek medical attention following the accident
- Notify your insurance agency of accident
- Contact an experienced attorney
Remembering what to do after an accident is not always easy, but it is extremely important. Keep detailed notes following an auto accident for future reference. This information can be used by an attorney to develop a strong case against a negligent individual or entity.
It is also important to avoid signing any papers following an accident without first speaking to an attorney.
Contact our Alabama Auto Accident Attorneys Today
At Cory Watson Attorneys, we understand how confusing and frustrating life can become while you’re recovering from serious injuries. We can protect your rights, handle the insurance company, and fight to get you the compensation you deserve.
From our main office in Birmingham, our attorneys serve accident victims throughout Alabama. Contact Cory Watson Attorneys for your free consultation today. There is no obligation, and the details of your case are always confidential—just call (877) 562-0000 or fill out our free case evaluation form.