Cory Watson Attorneys is no longer accepting cases involving Mirena® embedment, migration, perforation or surgery to remove the IUD.
- The choice is clear—use the law firm with a proven track record of success with defective medical device cases.
- At Cory Watson Attorneys, we have made it our mission to fight for the rights of injury victims and their families for more than 30 years, and have recovered over $2.7 billion.
- Our lawyers serve injury victims nationwide, and we’re not intimidated by big corporations and pharmaceutical companies.
Mirena IUD® Linked to Brain Injury
Mirena® IUD contains the hormone levonorgestrel and has been linked to a serious brain injury called Pseudotumor Cerebri (PTC).
PTC, sometimes called Intracranial Hypertension (IH), is a serious medical condition occurring when cerebrospinal fluid pressure increases inside the skull.
Symptoms of PTC Include:
- Severe Headaches or Migraines (Often Behind the Eyes)
- Ringing in the Ears (Tinnitus)
- Blurred Vision
- Permanent Vision Loss
- Blindness or Blind Spots
- Dizziness or Vertigo
- Optic Nerve Swelling (Papilledema)
In 2000, the Mirena® IUD (intrauterine device) gained approval by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) as a long-term form of birth control. The small, T-shaped device disrupts the sperm and egg by being inserted into the uterus and releasing levonorgestrel, a progestin, which acts to prevent eggs from being released from a woman’s ovaries. However, Mirena® has been linked to severe health issues, including the brain injury and PTC.
You May Have a Mirena® IUD Lawsuit
At Cory Watson Attorneys, we have made it our mission to fight for the rights of injury victims and their families for more than 30 years, and have recovered over $2.7 billion for clients. If you or a loved one suffered a brain injury after using the Mirena® IUD, our team of personal injury lawyers is ready to help you get the compensation you deserve.
Call (877) 562-0000 or fill out our online form to arrange for your free and confidential case evaluation.
Mirena® is a registered trademark of Bayer HealthCare Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and is used here only to identify the product in question.
This law firm is not associated with, sponsored by, or affiliated with Bayer HealthCare Pharmaceuticals, Inc. or the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.